So it seems that this particular growth spurt is going to require a whole lot of food! Will has stepped up eating to about every 2 hours when he's awake - we finally figured out why he was starting to get whiny every 2 hours, he was hungry (duh!). He's definitely protesting sitting in the highchair that often, but once you put the food in front of him he's content and eats away. And yes, he IS growing like crazy - his pants are suddenly much shorter, and the arms on his shirts are starting to get a bit short. I think we'll make it to Christmas (maybe) in the current round of clothes, and then we'll have to size up (again).
In other notes - we have a new sign!! I asked Will if he was all done in the highchair, and he said "ah duh" and made the sign for all done at the same time (the same sign an ump makes when a player is safe in baseball). I was so astonished I asked him again, and he did the same movement, so we know it's real.
I finally read last weekend about the "steps" to walking - I don't think Will is behind, but I wanted to know what to look for. Since Will is a pro at crawling, I figure it will be a little bit before he starts to walk - no incentive as he can get pretty much everywhere he wants to go by crawling. Anyway - he's definitely making progress - he's brave enough to transfer from holding onto the sofa to holding onto the coffee table, and is starting to turn to put one foot in front of the other when he cruises. He's finally gotten the hang of letting go and sitting down once he's tired of standing up. And last but not least, he's learned to turn around and slide on his belly to get down 1 or 2 stairs, or off the bed, or off the sofa. We can thank daycare for that move, as I am quite sure he didn't learn it at home.
And I can't possibly post without mentioning teeth. ;-) Will's 4th tooth on the bottom has finally popped through, though it seems to have slowed down a bit now that we can see it (probably just perception!). He's also working on his first year molars, so the fingers are back in the back of the mouth now.
I am off to Florida tomorrow for 2 nights for work, home on Wednesday in time for dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment