Monday, December 22, 2008

In the clear...and a little music

We stopped in for a scheduled "ear check-up" this morning at the doctor, and it seems that this go-around, the antibiotics did the trick. We have clear ears, a little bit of a cough and some left over congestion, but the doctor was actually quite nonchalant about all of it. So we're in the clear for now, but the doctor did mention that we can expect an average of 8-12 colds over this cold season, which would be about 1 every 2 weeks (awesome?!), so we're armed with a bit more information/instructions for the next cold so that we can hopefully avoid the antibiotics.

After the doctor Will got to take a trip to Toys R Us for Christmas shopping for him and for all the nieces and nephews (we'll add one more in January, but we don't know which flavor yet...). Anyway - this will for obvious reasons probably be the one and only trip that Will gets to make to Toys R Us to pick out his own Christmas presents. :) It was a pretty short trip, Will was quite cooperative in the cart (it was busy, so I was half expecting him to be insistent about being up with Mommy). And most importantly, he is now the proud owner of his very own piano/xylophone. The toy was with him in the front of the cart and he was playing away as we hurried out to the car. Imagine my surprise when I pulled him out of the cart to get in the car - and I got back-arching screams (even parked in the cold, the inside of the car was at least 30 degrees warmer than the outside air!). Seriously?! So I strapped him in quickly (a small amount of negotiation required) and grabbed the piano/xylophone....yup - HUGE grin, and he started banging away again. So I got to listen to the musical "stylings" of 1 William Bostrom all the way home. Lucky me. The funny thing is that he's started to sing too. Well at least I think he's trying to sing anyway. He's terrible! But it is quite cute to hear him chime in from the backseat when he likes a Christmas carol. And tonight, he was in his crib listening to a CD (goes to sleep with some sort of music every night) - and sure enough, on the monitor, we got to listen to Will, singing away, until he fell asleep. Love that kid!!

So we are now in the deep freeze - post snowstorms - and I for one would like it to warm up by about 15-20 degrees. Less ice that way. And I seriously had forgotten how bad parking lots can be when there are big piles of snow - what a pain!

No comments: