Sunday, May 2, 2010

2 weeks = 2 pounds

So the post started this way...about a week ago, I think. Can't remember.

"This is going to be quick as I am really going to try to get a 3 hour stretch of sleep tonight, which means I had better get going...."


I think that I did actually, finally, get the coveted 3 hour stretch of sleep last night, or at least close enough that I was able to launch into a couple of things first thing this morning. Which is good, because I've spent the rest of the morning holding Nate while he slept. We've done a lot of that in the last several weeks. Nate most likely has reflux. The more I've talked to the doctor about it, and the more I've read and the more I've watched him, the more I'm convinced. He's got multiple symptoms that fit the profile. Those really loud hiccups? Symptom of relfux. Who knew?

I feel for him, he is definitely a hurting baby - but he's still really happy, eating really well, and smiling all the time. At his 1 month check up we were astonished to find that he'd gained almost 2 pounds in 2 weeks. I had noticed the rolls and the folds, but based on experience, didn't have high hopes for weight gain. Even the pediatrician was impressed (and she's one hard cookie to impress...). He's getting much longer too - we're about ready to bust into the next size up on clothes, and the next size up on diapers.

As he gets closer to 2 months old, he's starting to consolidate his naps - which means I'm getting better stretches of time to ... pack! (at least on the days when I'm not holding him!). We are definitely moving out of our current home on June 18, and if all goes well, we'll be moving into our new home on July 1.

And on that note...I'm off to pick up a fussing Nathaniel...

No comments: