Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Well that's a new move...

Will is struggling with his sleep at the moment - I've been up 2, 3 or 4 times most nights for the last 5 nights. Daytime naps have been great some days, not so much on other days. Last night, It took me over an hour to get Will to sleep the first time, and I visited the nursery at midnight, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Today, Will slept for 90 minutes at daycare. Tonight, it took me an hour to get Will to sleep. So now for the "new move"...I've discovered that at some point in the wrestling that can be putting Will to bed, it is better for me to just put him down in the crib, kiss him goodnight, tell him I love him, and as I'm walking away, promise that I'll come back to help him if he needs it. I then walk out the door and head for the kitchen. I did exactly that this evening, and after listening to Will's quiet commentary on the fact that he was in the crib, by himself, and working on going to sleep - for 15 minutes - I had heard enough. I went back to the nursery. Imagine my surprise...when I found Will with his head at the opposite end of the crib, on his back, having pulled his bunny and sleep sack down from the edge of the crib - of course grinning away! I had to start the "we're going to sleep" process over again from the top...and make a note - no leaving the sleep sacks hanging over the corner of the crib when he goes to bed!!

No comments: