Friday, May 22, 2009

Ummm...well, I don't really have an excuse.

Except for the usual. Work. Will got sick again. More work. I'd rather be playing with Will than writing the blog (sorry). Work.

I'm watching Dave eat ice cream ("you've outdone yourselves again Ben and Jerry"), and taking a deep breath. The last 2 weeks in particular have been insane. Dave spent a week in the city for training, which meant the great circle route for me. Based on the current goings on at work, I couldn't just work from home with Will all week - he's too active! And as soon as Dave got home, I went to visit Lindsay and Ella for the weekend (Doug was away) and help with unpacking - turned out to be a very short trip! Will picked up a bug - I'm not 100% sure it was coxsackie (I'll let you look it up!), but I'm 85% sure it was. A mild case, thank goodness! It is a very contagious, nasty little bug. Fever hit on Saturday night (the 1 night I was away!!), and we progressed through the symptoms over the next couple of days. Mr. Will managed an entire week of at home with Mommy and/or Daddy this week - and with the long weekend - it will be about 11 days of "at home" time. Tuesday morning is going to be an adjustment.

So what have we been doing with ourselves? Well...learning new words, learning to climb, running everywhere. Every motorized noise that isn't obviously a car or truck is a lawnmower at this point. Trucks say honk honk, cars say beep beep, and after we stop at a stop sign we "go go GO!!". He can now name Nonni, Poppa, Oma, Gumpa, GG, Ella ("Ella, Ella ELLA!!") - we're working on all the immediate relatives...making progress.

And now, as I yawn for the 5th time in the last 15 minutes, I'm going to bed. Running at this pace makes me tiiiiiiirrrrrreeeeeddd...

No comments: