Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ummm...teething + ear infection = yelling at our house!

So after we listened to Will yell at us for multiple days in a row, I started to doubt my "mommy instinct". Maybe it wasn't just teeth??? So I took Monday morning off and headed to walk-in hours at the pediatrician. Any seasoned parent probably would have had a good giggle at my description of symptoms for the doctor...
diapers - normal
appetite - normal
temperature - normal
sleeping - sort of normal (but since we really don't have "normal" this is debatable)
attitude about life - terrible
nose - a little stuffy (but not enough to really even think about it - no hoover even required!)
I basically said I could be totally off the mark, but I just couldn't chalk his obvious discomfort up to his teeth alone. And sure enough...ear infection! So Will is on antibiotics and Tylenol to keep him comfy. And I am praying that he sleeps for longer stretches than he did last night - he was up every 2 hours from 11:00 on...it was a looooong night. After 8 months, I'm pretty good at it, but last night, I was as mad as Will was about being awake! I feel bad - getting teeth and an ear infection has got to be stinky. All things considered, he's been Will - still smiling and giggling, just not quite as often. So pardon us...we're probably going to be quiet for the rest of the week!!

No comments: