Saturday, January 24, 2009

I was thinking earlier this week that things (life) had gotten a bit bananas around here and was wondering how I might possibly take back my life, or I should say our life from the grind of work/school. And I have been reminded that I haven't been my usual newsy self! We have been a bit buried - I had a couple of remarkably tough weeks at work, busy & challenging (mentally and emotionally) - and I've been fighting a minor cold, and Will has been fighting a more serious cold. Thank goodness, Dave has been fine. :)


While all of this has been going on, we've had a bit of a sleep evolution. I can't say exactly when it began, but Will has shifted his attitude about sleeping, and how he wants help to go back to sleep (if he decides he needs it). We're now really only up once per night, he very reliably goes to bed with no fuss at 7:30, and given the choice, he'll sleep until 7:30 or 8:30 every morning. Unfortunately for him...he gets to sleep in only 3 days a week. We've found he'll take a 3.5 hour nap with no problem and wake up cheery and ready to go. Lucky for me - he's decided to go this route while I've had an enormous amount of work to do, so it has worked out well. :)


In other news, we've lost the battle against the ear infection again. The good news is that we made it probably 10 days through this cold without a trip to the pediatrician, but that ended this morning. We were up with a bleary-eyed baby last night from 12:30 to 2ish, so I made the call and took him to walk in hours this morning. "Only" one ear is infected, but he's got a cough that is a little worrisome, so he's on antibiotics and we're keeping an eye on/ear on the breathing and coughing. I'm more concerned about the cough than the ear. It seems I've got a pretty good feel for the magic line that he crosses when he starts to get worse, as we've managed to catch the last 2 ear infections relatively early.

And now - he's protesting his nap - again....will try to write a bit more later.

No comments: