Yes, rug burn on his upper lip! So I decided yesterday that it was time. Time to take all of Will's push toys away, except for the lawnmower. The general idea is that he'll no longer be able to run pushing something, and if he wants to run, he's going to have to figure it out. I know, probably not my nicest Mommy moment, but we seem to be at a bit of a plateau on the walking skill, and I'm not sure we're helping him. So anyway - onto the rug burn story. Shocker of all shockers - Will decided to stand up and push the lawnmower today. Only shocking because it has absolutely NO stability, so he can't lean on it or the lawnmower will fall backwards on the handle, and Will will go face first. Amid deafening cheers from Dave and from me, and lots of encouragement, he walked quite well all the way across the basement. He got so excited he decided to come back...and then he got a little ambitious and started to run toward me...got a little ahead of himself and face planted. He didn't catch himself with his hands, he caught himself with his upper lip. Ouch. And now, at the first hint of trouble standing up, he immediately sits down. So...we're going to have to keep working on that whole confidence thing.
On a completely separate topic - I have uploaded new pictures - a few from Christmas, and Will playing with his friend Jack. And for your viewing pleasure...Will, dancing! I captured this post-nap groove a week ago I think - he sings a little bit at the end. :)
1 comment:
Oh no...face first?! Chase did that yesterday too! Sorry buddy!
LOVE the chair dance!
Post a Comment