Despite a cold/ear infection that morphed into a fever/stomach bug (maybe?) Will has had a busy week verbally. More about that in a moment.
Wednesday night he woke up with a 102 fever (sound familiar?). So off to walk in hours we went on Thursday morning. Thank goodness for walk in hours. We see the doctor leveraging walk in hours a lot more than we have an appointment - so convenient! Anyway, not exactly what I had in mind, as we were supposed to be leaving for a ski weekend on Friday morning. But if you can fry an egg on his forehead in the middle of the night....you take him to the doctor! Scary virus test was negative, lungs sound great, ears look great. No other symptoms. Hmmmm. So the cure is Mama TLC and time. BUT - if he has a fever he's contagious - so we were in wait and see mode on the ski weekend. And as it turned out, Dave had a lovely time skiing, and Will and I had a lovely couple of days at home. I had taken the day off on Friday, so kept it, and we relaxed, I did a little bit of cleaning while Will took a long nap. Finally I think his fever has broken. Fingers crossed. Of course through all this you'd never know he's sick - he's still the same giggly happy baby!
In the meantime...Will has started to ask for specific foods, and more than just "cookie" - which is really a Ritz cracker. Yesterday he asked for eggs for breakfast, and for cheese. And it seems that he's continuing to leverage signs - the latest sign is cheese - a word he's been saying for weeks.
He'll also call Mama from the crib (or at least has done it for the last couple of days), usually he just complains until one of us opens the door.
And last night, after I put him in the crib, he looked up at me with a little grin, said "night night" and rolled over and closed his eyes. I melted! But seriously?! This is the same child that used to require nursing/rocking/singing until he was sound asleep before we could put him in the crib, or I'd have to start all over again. And to be honest, I have no clue what I did to help him turn the corner - so probably nothing - he just decided to do it on his own. As Dave said on Thursday night - it is a pleasure to put Will to bed these days, no fuss, no crying, just put him in the crib, and walk away.
My hope is that we're back to regularly scheduled programming tomorrow. We've had a very long month, and I've had a hard time getting back into a groove. I'm working on it...
No comments:
Post a Comment