Friday, February 6, 2009

You can't rush confidence

Our little Will, so timid it seems when it comes to walking on his own...has gotten just a little bit of confidence in the last 3 days. We've been trying to encourage him but we've been met with "spaghetti legs" more often than not. But today - 3 times - I reached out with 1 hand and he grabbed on and walked with only that one hand holding on...a little bit in the basement, from the living room to the bathroom and then from the kitchen to the nursery tonight. He got lots of encouragement as we were going along and big hugs at the end (I think he thinks I'm crazy...I got a little bit of the "awwww come on MOM!" look). Up to now, he's been determined to hold on with both hands. So we'll see....I'm holding my breath....and reminding myself to watch those little chubby feet toddle along barefoot on the floor, as this will be a big accomplishment, and he's getting so big!! (sniff sniff)

1 comment:

carrie said...

Go Will!!!!

I'm so happy to hear that Chase isn't the only one who still isn't walking! They'll get there though and then we are in BIG trouble!