My apologies for not updating sooner. I've been a bit out of my posting routine, because of the new location, and because we're just so darn busy these days. And I can't quite figure out why. I suppose I could point to the fact that it is the end of March - and with the end of March comes a couple of things. 1. Spring - slightly warmer weather (though we're potentially getting snow tonight!). 2. Crocuses and confused daffodils - the crocuses are starting to come up, a sure sign of spring in our world. I don't know what the story is with our daffodils, but I seem to remember that they were confused and came up early last spring too. 3. The humans come out of hibernation socially - it seems that our social calendar has gotten a bit busier as everyone starts to declare winter "over", and we return to the busier social times of the summer. I'm definitely looking forward to the warmer weather - just so we don't have to dress in so many layers!!
Latest goings on...
We had a lovely Easter with Dave's family. It was exhausting for Will - he just can't miss a darn thing when there are lots of people around, so he blew at least 2 naps that day! He was asleep by 6pm, and only woke up to eat until about 6am.
Will is adding constantly to his repetoire of baby pterodactyl-type noises. I commented today to a friend that it is only quiet in our house when Will is asleep these days!
Rolling over is now pretty much old news. I still can't get him to roll from his back to his side on his own for anything more than nursing, but at least we know he can do it!
We started solids this week - yes, it is the end of the "easy days" when it comes to food and Will. I'm sad to a certain extent (how did he get so big?!?) but watching him figure out oatmeal and a spoon has been quite a treat for me this week. I know, everyone has seen countless pictures of babies with food on their faces, but I think he's just wonderful with his little grin and oatmeal all over his face, and in his hair, and on his hands, and on his feet...Will has approached this new adventure in the same way he approaches most new things - with amazing concentration and determination to master whatever it is as quickly as possible. And he's sorted it out within just a couple of dinners. He opens up like a little robin in the nest when I have the spoon in hand, and eats quite a bit more than he wears. Of course we're using the "2 spoon" method of feeding - Will holds 1 spoon, I feed him with the other.
With solids has come the latest evolution in our bedtime and sleeping routine (or really just bedtime routine!). Baths are now a nightly occurence - hadn't been up to now as he didn't need it, and unfortunately for Will, he has been "blessed" with my dry skin. Anyway, bath time has become the last opportunity to blow off energy before bedtime. And it seems to be working quite well - so far. We gave up using the baby bathtub - just didn't work in our bathtub. I really figured out the best approach when we were in Atlanta - a small amount of water in the bottom of the tub, 2 washcloths folded to act as a pillow at the shallow end, and lay Will down so he can kick away in the water. He thinks it is absolutely wonderful these days - big grins and giggles for bathtime - and he is able to get those last kicks out before bed. Phew!
RE: Sleeping - some nights are better than others. As his cold has disappeared, and I've relaxed a bit, Will has been sleeping better. He still wakes up a couple of times in the night, but definitely not every hour, so we're all getting better sleep.
Speaking of which - time for sleeping for me! Has been a loooong week from a work perspective, so am happy that tomorrow is Friday. Will post pictures over the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment