Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Weekend in Atlanta



A small sample of Will's activity while we were in Atlanta. We had a wonderful weekend with Nonni, Poppa, Aunt Lindsay and Ella. Since Dave was in Germany, we took a long weekend and gave me some much needed time to NOT multi-task. Who knew that taking a shower without the baby monitor resting on the towel rack at the far end would be such bliss? My standards are obviously sinking to a new low.

A couple of fun things happened while we were there...Will rolled over twice in a row (see the video above!). He seems to have finally gotten the hang of rolling over without significant protest, and has now started to work on rolling from his back to his side. He can get there, but can't quite get far enough over to stay there. Will seems to have perfected his baby belly laugh. We have found a couple of pretty reliable tickle spots, and once he gets going, it is hard not to join him. We got to watch Ella dye Easter eggs, and see her interact with Will, sharing toys, and rocking him in the rocker. Although Lindsay and I were both tired from single parenting all week, we were both looking forward to getting the opportunity to "switch mommies" - I was happy to chase Ella around, and Lindsay was happy to bounce Will.

The travel was uneventful, though I did get scolded for not taking Will's "shoes" off at security in Atlanta. I don't really think they qualify as shoes, they're really more like booties, but I'll know for the next time. Besides, I really can't complain cause the same person that scolded me helped me to get the stroller set back up to get Will in it. Even when awake, Will was pretty quiet and not too wiggly on the plane (thank goodness!).

We're very glad that Dave's home from Germany!! I feel like I can handle our regular schedule without much trouble, now that I really know how much worse it could be. We've had a nice quiet weekend, though sleeping is still a challenge, and Will is coming down with a cold again. My hope is that this is a mild one, so that we can get our feet under us again.

Notes on the new "digs": We really loved the old location, but it was going to be expensive to keep it going. Too bad...so know that we're definitely a work in progress here. Video will be found directly in the posts. Links to pictures are on the left, we're linking to Flikr slideshows, by month. Hope you enjoy!!

No comments: