Friday, April 25, 2008

Latest and greatest

Yes, I know, it has been 12 days since my last post...I wrote one, and it has cute video, but I had a problem with the video so it didn't get posted. And we've been a bit bananas around here, so I haven't gotten back to it. Latest and greatest is below...and know that I'll post new pictures and the video as soon as I can.

Let's see...food first. We have added peas and sweet potato to our food list. So far, sweet potato wins as the best (and only) positive reaction. No "yuck" face for sweet potato!! Go figure. Especially since I think sweet potato is downright awful, and Dave could take it or leave it. Tomorrow morning we're going to try pears. I'm still looking for a fruit that Will likes...and I figured veggies were more likely to be an issue! Anyway, we're sort of in a routine on meals, breakfast and dinner...sometimes we skip a meal altogether (usually because Will is tired and cranky). We have introduced a cup, with a little bit of water in the bottom, that ALWAYS gets promptly dumped upside down. Personally, it is one of my favorite things to watch these days - the water going everywhere, and Will grinning as he looks at the puddle in front of him on the high chair tray.

Next...sleeping. We seem to be sort of on our way to a full night's sleep. Still some nights are better than others, and we're definitely getting up at least once every night.

Next...new tricks! I saw Will roll from his back all the way over to his belly for the first time today. Dave informs me this is NOT a new skill, as he's seen it already. Is new to me, so I'm reporting it!!!

Next...why the heck have I gotten off of my twice weekly posting schedule. Two words - stomach bug. Last Friday morning I came down with a horrid, remarkably contagious, fast moving stomach bug. Dave had gone to the office at the usual time and by 9:20am I had emailed him, from bed, asking him to come home to take care of Will as I was down for the count. "Please stop for chicken noodle soup, saltines and gingerale on the way home." Dave got the same bug on Saturday afternoon, Will got a remarkably mild case of it on Saturday afternoon as well. So the entire Bostrom clan had the same bug within 48 hours. Was u-g-l-y here for a whole weekend. We've now recovered, and we've spent the week enjoying the spring weather and wishing that we didn't have to work...

So - my hope is that we're going to have a remarkably quiet weekend, and I'll have an opportunity to post new pictures, and new video. Stay tuned!!!

No comments: