I had high hopes that Will would develop a relatively cosmopolitan palette pretty quickly, and I probably set my expectations too high! We've struck out with bananas, apples, carrots. Carrots didn't get quite the icky face that we've gotten with apples and bananas, so there is some hope. Today's experiment - a really big slice of yellow squash to gnaw on while we were at a party. Funny, once I (pretty quickly) figured out that I needed to remove the seeds...Will happily gummed away at it, no icky face. So - I've now purchased a couple of little ones at the grocery and we'll test it out, cooked, to see if he'll eat it. I have no idea...and as soon as I'm done with this post, I'm off to search for baby food recipes online.
We had quite a busy weekend. Will needed a good night's rest on Friday night after 4 shots, and he actually got it! I was quite the proud mama, as he was only up a couple of times on Friday night, and did a pretty good job on getting himself back to sleep. Ahhh, I've become so spoiled in 2 weeks of sleeping better...anyway...Saturday we went to Wallingford for Aaron's 6th birthday party. It was a nice afternoon, we were able to spend some quality time with Aaron and the rest of the family, and celebrate Aaron turning 6 - seems not that long ago that he was just learning to walk! It was the first time we'd seen everyone in a couple of weeks. Will managed to show that he's not so sure about people he doesn't see pretty much every day....within about 1 minute of walking in the door, he was in tears, just going through the usual family greetings. He stayed pretty close to Mommy or Daddy for the rest of the afternoon. Sorry Oma and Gumpa!!!!
We then headed up to see our friends Kenny, Joy, Ava and Sam for dinner. It is always great to spend an evening catching up with our friends - and as usual, Joy made a fabulous dinner! We required a little flexibility from Will - no quiet nursery to fall asleep in, no crib, etc. He was about an hour late falling asleep, but not bad, all things considered. I had no idea what to expect, since he's gotten into such a solid bedtime routine, and as usual, I was pleasantly surprised. I went for an approximation of the bedtime routine, at about bedtime, and then it was just helping him get to sleep.
This morning, Will decided it was time to get up at 5:15. A bit early for any day, and especially on a Sunday morning! I tried to get him back to sleep, but no luck. He was awake until about 6, and then we all slept until 8:30 or so. A much more reasonable hour!!! Our only item on the agenda for today was a trip to see our friends in the newborn group. It was Millie's christening today, so Shannon and Scott had lots of family in town, and we were happy to be included in the celebration!! We had hoped to get all 7 babies in 1 location (and for a photo shoot!!), but we were missing 2. :-( I still have hopes that we'll get them all together soon!
Oh, and I found the camera charger, where it was supposed to be from the beginning...
No comments:
Post a Comment