We're always so darn busy...but I've found myself stopping and trying to really take in and remember some of Will's "finer moments" over the last week. Below are a couple things that I always want to remember....
1. The way Will sighs and settles into my arms right before bed and when he first wakes up in the morning, in the middle of the night, and from a nap. It is about the only time he is "reliably cuddly" these days.
2. The way he looks when he is truly sound asleep.
3. The beyond excited grin he gets when he realizes that it's bath time.
4. The way he wiggles and waves his arms and kicks his legs to say "faster" in the high chair during dinner.
On a separate note...we've been living through a bottle strike for the last week or so. Honestly, it has probably caused me more angst than anyone else, including Will. I thought he might be weaning from the bottle, but he's really not ready for a cup all the time yet - you can imagine the conversations that have been going on with daycare...We'll keep you posted, but it may have actually been the bottles. Figures. So now we're on "bottle experimentation". Lovely. Nothing like a little bottle strike to keep Mommy on her toes...
And last but not least - my 2 favorite moments so far this week (I think!).
Moment #1 - On Tuesday morning I put Will down on the floor outside the bathroom door with a classic toy so that I could finish getting ready for work. The plastic rings that stack on the little pole (I think I had this toy when I was a kid too!). Will has figured out how to throw in the last week. OK, let me re-phrase that - Will has figured out how to pick things up and drop them (hard) to make a fun noise, and how to wing his arms back and forth across the high chair tray to send the Cheerios flying. Anyway - after I put him down he took one look at the toy and immediately dumped all the rings on the floor. He then spent the next 5 minutes picking up the blue ring and flinging it at the floor so that it would bounce all over the place and spiral to a stop. He was very very serious about the whole process. It was absolutely amazing to watch him learn, repeat, try again. The only thing I thought as I was watching him - "I love to watch you learn".
Moment #2 - Will is actually getting quite efficient at the military crawl. No, the belly isn't reliably up off the floor yet - he's going for speed, and he thinks that means keeping his belly on the floor at the moment. He's also starting to try to pull himself up a little bit. This afternoon, he spent about 10 minutes chasing me in the kitchen. Literally - I was on the phone and trying to get us out the door to the grocery - and every time I moved, Will would crawl over to my feet and start yanking on my jeans to try to pull himself up. I never moved far, but far enough that he'd have to move to get to me. It was the first time he'd really done anything like it.
So...our tired tired baby is sound asleep - time to go check...we will hopefully have a quiet day tomorrow - bottle strike is hopefully "off". Friday is weight check, so will update after our appointment.
No comments:
Post a Comment