So enough with the drama - Monday was a lovely "usual" day. Yesterday started with a "diaper catastrophe" - at 6:30 in the morning. I will not horrify everyone with the details, let's just say there was a shower required for Will and laundry required for everything else. Yuck. I figured it was a one time occurrence and sent Will off to daycare with Dave. Uh, no - by 1:45 Will was officially "sent home". We got (I think) only the second ever "please come pick up your son immediately" phone call from one of his teachers. "He may not return until he has been symptom free for 24 hours". Unfortunately for Will, he is still not "symptom free"...so he has won the "get out of daycare free prize" until Tuesday.
In reality, you'd never know he was sick. He's crawling all over the house, pretty much like he owns the place. ;-) This afternoon he decided that crawling was old news and that pulling himself up to standing should be his new accomplishment. I recognize the look of determination, so I expect we're going to spend a lot of time standing behind him, trying to protect him from himself, over the next couple of weeks.
Oh yeah - and I peeked in his mouth this afternoon - I think there might be 2 more top teeth on the way in. Tonight's really interesting moment (at least for me!)...he fell asleep just after 6:00pm. No dinner, no bath, no bedtime routine. Who knows what the middle of the night is going to bring...I had better get to bed now!!
No comments:
Post a Comment