As Dave said tonight...just think, a year ago, we were eating Wendy's! I often have a hard time believing that it has been a whole year already...it has absolutely flown by!
And now instead of this little tiny "loaf of bread" that did nothing but sleep, eat and require lots and lots of diaper changes, we now have a little boy...
And this little boy is taking after his daddy - he always has a good story to tell...and he's very busy!
So now, back to my usual newsy self.
Last weekend was very busy (seems to be the norm these days). Saturday I had a party for some friends getting married in November. It was a lovely afternoon "out" for Mommy (and a bit of respite from a very needy William). On Sunday we went to Will's second birthday party - this one for his friend Jonathan. It was lots of fun - Will played and also saw his friends Millie and Cole, and had macaroni and cheese for lunch. He also managed to fall and give himself a fat, bloody lip. Mild hysterics ensued...but we did manage to get him cleaned up and headed for home. Oh, but I suppose I didn't mention...this is WILL...so the lip was just the beginning. He played in the kitchen when we got home, which meant that he bumped his lip a couple of times in his enthusiasm to stand up, or sit down, or grab something and chew on it. He was mad at me when I tried to give him Motrin with dinner, and grabbed the dropper as I "pushed the plunger" - which meant Motrin all over his face, and in his eyes. So into the bathroom we went for a little eye flushing - additional hysterics. He sort of forgave me for that episode when he was standing at the tub watching the water run for his bath (one of his current favorite activities...). Of course he was so excited about the bath that he started to bounce, and bounced his chin right on the edge of the bath - and bit his lower lip, so that started to bleed - yes, additional hysterics. The good news...his memory is short, and his lip healed very quickly, so by about Tuesday all was pretty much back to normal.
On Monday evening we made a family trip to Toys R Us for Will's birthday. I'm honestly not sure who was most excited when we walked in the door, Mommy, Daddy, or William. Several purchases later (lawnmower pictured above, a dump truck, a big bag of "mega blocks", and a little people garage)....we headed for home. Turns out the dump truck and the lawnmower are the current favorites. Of course we haven't opened the other 2 items yet....
Will has been "transitioning" this week to the big boy room at daycare. He's really quite adaptable, and seems to have taken to the new schedule, new toys, new room, new teachers quite well.
And now for this morning...when Will woke up we sang him happy birthday (he was very confused!). Nonni called this morning and sang happy birthday. Aunt Lindsay and Ella called and left a happy birthday message as well! Will had birthday balloons and multiple cards when we arrived home from work/daycare, and I brought home several other happy birthday messages from friends and family. I think Will had a nice day - for his very first birthday!!
I have quite a bit of video to download and edit - some very nice samples of the constant conversation in our house. Too tired to do this tonight, so I'll have to try for this weekend. In the meantime...new pictures posted!
Oh and one more thing...Happy Birthday Chase!!!!!!!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday buddy! Hope you had an awesome first birthday - I sure did!
Hugs!
Chase
(Carrie & Jason)
Happy Birthday Mr. Will! Looks like you had a wonderful time!
Post a Comment