Saturday, October 11, 2008

Maybe bubble wrap IS an appropriate solution...

I am concerned that at least for the moment, Will seems to lead all forward motion with his face. This means that yes, we've already had our second bloody lip moment - all in a week! Friday morning around 6, Will completely missed with his hand when he was crawling and landed on his face, again. I figured no biggie - he didn't fall very far - not so much. At least I knew exactly what to do to get him settled and cleaned up quickly (since I now have some experience in these things). I understand that it is entirely unrealistic to think that Will is going to make it through this learning to stand/walk phase without bumps and bruises. I also wonder if there is a way to safely wrap him in bubble wrap until he's gotten to the point where he can reliably walk on his own! ;-)

On a separate note - ears still aren't 100% from the ear infection, so Will is on a 5 day "zap it" course of antibiotics...let's hope that everything is clear when we go for his 1 year check up on Wednesday.

Will post again tomorrow night with pictures and video from all the birthday celebrations....

No comments: