Sunday, October 5, 2008

Turning a corner

It is amazing to me that in the space of almost a weekend my attitude can change completely! Especially when it comes to sleeping, and Will's current troubles with it. After much thought, and several conversations over the last day, I came to the conclusion that I should stop fighting Will on sleep and just go with it. Help him the best that I can, using the strategy that seems right at the moment (in other words - trust your instincts Mommy!). As I was reminded - there are as many sleep "strategies" as there are kids out there, lot's of "experts", books, etc. Will and I generally make a really good team - we can almost always work through it to get him to sleep, whatever "it" happens to be. So thank you to all of our friends that gave us suggestions over the last couple of days - I've used bits of everyone's strategies to help us turn the corner on this phase and we seem to be better. Phew!


On a completely separate note - I went to a party yesterday by myself - it was a "honeymoon funding party" for friends that are getting married in November, so it wasn't really Will friendly. And...I probably needed a break from being front-and-center for Will for a couple of hours. I spent just a few hours in the company of friends - and I came home refreshed and very happy to see my 2 favorite guys! Funny, when I get a chance to be out, and see people that I don't talk to on a regular basis, everything comes into perspective (I think this helped me get to my "zen" sleeping moment too!). I really do "have it all" - a very happy little family, lots of love and lots of laughter.


OK, now that I'm done with my cheesy moment...

No comments: