Keep your fingers crossed...we decided, or maybe I decided, I don't remember, that it might be time to try another sleeping arrangement for Will when we travel. The pack n' play is great when 1. they're really little, 2. you're traveling by car. Not so great when 1. you travel by plane and/or 2. they get bigger. I sincerely wish someone had told me this when we were pregnant!
So I purchased a lovely little contraption called a "pea pod". I'd heard about it from my sister-in-law, and hoped that it just might do the trick for us. Turns out you need to buy the pea pod "plus" if you'd like to be able to use it past age 2, but it seems like a great idea. It comes in a great flat little package, has an air pump for the mattress, and is a little tent (really, it is like a pint sized pop up tent!). Took it out of the box yesterday and Will crawled right in. Put the mattress down with a crib sheet on it, and Will put his head down on the mattress and said "night night". YES! That's EXACTLY IT Will!!
This weekend's experiment is to let Will take his naps in the pea pod, hoping that we can use it for our trip to see family in a couple of weeks. Well...turns out, that since he CAN climb out of it, he will. Shocking, I'm sure. BUT - after being rocked to sleep, Will is currently passed out, in the pea pod in his room....not so bad for a first try. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment