After the drama that has been the last 6 days, I figured I had better post the news from the visit to the pediatrician yesterday. :)
Will has gained back 1 pound (1/2 of the weight that he lost). He is still on a horribly bland and boring diet (woo hoo, we can add chicken! no milk until the weekend). He was a bit of a bear to keep entertained while we waited for the doctor (we did lots of head, shoulders, knees & toes, and I'm a little teapot). He was a little freaked out at the scale, and pushed back when the doctor looked in his ears. This is really only notable because he sat on multiple scales and had about 3-4 different people look in his ears on Monday without an ounce of protest.
The only other note is that we had a longer conversation about ears and ear infections (yes, remember...before we had the stomach/dehydration drama we had an ear infection?!). The plan is to hold steady - no action now that cold/flu season is winding down. If we end up in the same boat next fall/winter, we will send him for a hearing test, see how he does, and if we agree, send Will to a specialist to "talk tubes". Our pediatrician is actually very conservative, so I feel good about her take on things. As she said - look, if I felt you needed to see a specialist, I'd be the first person to recommend a specialist. And she's right, based on our experience with her, she absolutely would.
So...Mr. Will is back to himself, mostly. He's tearing up the joint, he's antsy, he wants to explore, and be outside and chase the cats, and learn. He's still tired, but his appetite is coming back...which brings me to my last little story for this post.
This morning I decided we'd take a little trip "out" before I started work for the day. Off we went to Starbucks for a mocha for Mommy and a plain bagel for Will. Will took his job of carrying his bagel from the car to the house very seriously (he's such the helper these days!). Into the high chair he went, and we chatted, as Will motored through bits of bagel. The conversation was punctuated with "more! more! more!" (translate - Mommy, please. You are NOT putting bites of bagel on my tray fast enough and I'm HUNGRY!) and then..."mmmmmm, bagel". I just stared. I love being Will's mommy. :-)
1 comment:
So glad Will is doing better! This is such a wonderful stage they are all in -- such little people :).
Post a Comment