Thursday, September 11, 2008
Laps
It all started with laps - crawling laps - from the nursery, into our bedroom, around the far side of the bed and back,stop to giggle at the fact Mommy was following behind, then out to the living room, squeal at a couple of cats, then into the kitchen to check out the cats' water dish - and just when he would get close...I would scoop him up and carry him back to the nursery. We'd sit down in the rocking chair, and Will would fling himself at the floor (face first!) and I'd put him down and we'd start the process over again. So tonight we had a first...well I think it was a first anyway...Daddy was able to get Will to sleep after Mommy tried, off and on and in vain, for almost 2 hours. As Daddy said, "pretty empowering". :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Scott recently achieved this exact same thing! Now he's often able to get Millie to sleep faster than me! It's definitely made bedtime/naptime less intimidating and has been a HUGE confidence boost! Go daddy power!
Post a Comment