So it was good that we decided NOT to trek down to the Bronx Zoo this afternoon! We got a bit of a late start, Will wasn't such a good napper this morning (75% my fault!), and he fell asleep in the car on the way to the Beardsley Zoo. I figured this would be a power nap and we'd have a totally awake baby for the entire zoo trip. Ummmm, no. Dave successfully moved Will from the car seat to the stroller and we made it through 1/2 the zoo while he slept. So he missed the wolves, the condor, the bison, and the prarie dogs. He DID get to see the tigers, bears, ducks, and the farm animals exhibit (the pigs were great!). I think the goats were a little scary for him (they're loud when they figure someone might feed them) and he seemed to think everything else was a bit ho-hum. He's just learning to "follow the finger" when I point to something, so I think he missed a lot...Pictures of the zoo posted as soon as I go back out to the car to get the camera (oops!).
On a completely separate note - a skills update! Will has gotten MUCH better at pulling himself to standing over the last couple of weeks. He's now progressing to climbing (notice no mention of walking, just climbing!). When I walked in to pick him up at school on Thursday afternoon, he was busy scaling a bouncy seat. This morning's activity was attempting to climb the stairs. Video of the latest and greatest is below...and what would Bostrom family video be without my explanation!? So here goes:
1. Exhibit 1 - we should be using the 12 inch rule for all table top items that we don't want in Will's mouth (everything should always be 12 inches away from the edge of the table). His current favorite thing to grab when he should be sleeping...the baby monitor. Socks is quite distracting, but he's determined to take the monitor with him (not exactly sure where he was headed...).
2. Exhibit 2 - just crawling, but it includes a sample of the plastic ring dropping that is a constant amusement these days. I have to admit, it makes a pretty good loud noise...
3. Exhibit 3 - "now that I'm up here, what do I do?!?!" - Will takes a stab at crawling up the stairs, but once he gets to the second stair and he's blocked by the gate, he's pretty much done. Notice that one of the cats has strategically placed herself on the other side of the gate....
No comments:
Post a Comment