This will be brief, as it is late. We've had a relatively quiet week, but it seems our challenge has been sleeping. Sleeping during the day hasn't been so good. Sleeping at night has been ok - but getting Will to sleep has been a challenge. He's been over tired, and his teeth have been bugging him, so there has been a lot of crying at our house. Tonight, I tried, then Dave tried, then I went back at it. So what finally worked? Humming nothing in particular (I think multiple Christmas carols and favorite camp songs made it in tonight), while gently rocking, standing up, for 15 minutes after he settled and eyes were closed. I only know about this as a strategy from being a nanny for a summer - the youngest of the 3 kids was 6 months old when I started, and he did nothing but cry for the first week. I finally managed to get him to sleep a couple of evenings by walking up and down the driveway with him in my arms and humming (no words required!!), until he'd been asleep for 15 minutes - if I put him down before then he would wake up and I'd have to start all over again. So thank goodness, when I reverted to this very old trick, it has worked!
Anyway, to explain the title...for the last 2 nights, as I rocked Will and hummed, there was one thing that I noticed often - perpetual motion. His legs and arms didn't stop moving for a second until he was really asleep.
Tomorrow - 1/2 days for both Mommy and Daddy, so we're going to the zoo! Which zoo is TBD, but we're determined to see some animals. We'll post pictures....
No comments:
Post a Comment